CHURRO GELATO SANDWICHES
Yields 6 gelato sandwiches
For churro dough:
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more to fry
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 pints Vanilla Caramel Swirl Talenti Gelato
- In a medium pot, bring the water, oil, sugar, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat. Add flour and stir vigorously until smooth dough forms. Set aside to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Transfer churro dough to a piping bag lined with a large star tip. Pipe 4-inch spiral onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Freeze the circles for at least 2 hours.
- Heat 2-inches of oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Working in batches, fry the frozen, round churros until light golden brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer churros to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large, shallow bowl, mix the sugar and the cinnamon. Dredge each fried churro into the cinnamon-sugar. Place a scoop of gelato in between 2 churro discs. Enjoy!