CHURRO GELATO SANDWICHES
Yields 6 gelato sandwiches
For churro dough:
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus more to fry
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 pints Vanilla Caramel Swirl Talenti Gelato
- In a medium pot, bring the water, oil, sugar, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat. Add flour and stir vigorously until smooth dough forms. Set aside to cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Transfer churro dough to a piping bag lined with a large star tip. Pipe 4-inch spiral onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. Freeze the circles for at least 2 hours.
- Heat 2-inches of oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Working in batches, fry the frozen, round churros until light golden brown, about 7 minutes. Transfer churros to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- In a large, shallow bowl, mix the sugar and the cinnamon. Dredge each fried churro into the cinnamon-sugar. Place a scoop of gelato in between 2 churro discs. Enjoy!
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH #TALENTITREATS
Share to twitter Opens in new window Share to pinterest_share Opens in new window Share to facebook Opens in new window Share to email Opens in new window Share to tumblr Opens in new window
AddThis is disabled because of cookie consent