Pina Colada Gelato Sandwiches
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated unsweetened Coconut
- 3/4 cup dried pineapple flakes
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Talenti Caribbean Coconut Gelato, slightly softened
- Additional Toasted Coconut flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine room temperature butter and both sugars in a bowl and beat together for about 1-2 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Continue to beat in vanilla extract, dried coconut, and dried pineapple .
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients and fold together until batter is smooth and flour is fully incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop, roll out as many cookie balls out of the dough as possible. Flatten each dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand. Bake for 14-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Transfer the softened gelato onto a pan and spread into an even layer using a spatula. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until hardened
- Using a round cookie cutter cut rounds of gelato and sandwich each round between two cookies carefully.
- Roll the gelato sandwich in toasted coconut. Enjoy!