Pina Colada Gelato Sandwiches
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Light brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated unsweetened Coconut
- 3/4 cup dried pineapple flakes
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Talenti Caribbean Coconut Gelato, slightly softened
- Additional Toasted Coconut flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine room temperature butter and both sugars in a bowl and beat together for about 1-2 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Continue to beat in vanilla extract, dried coconut, and dried pineapple .
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients and fold together until batter is smooth and flour is fully incorporated.
- Using a large cookie scoop, roll out as many cookie balls out of the dough as possible. Flatten each dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand. Bake for 14-15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Transfer the softened gelato onto a pan and spread into an even layer using a spatula. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours until hardened
- Using a round cookie cutter cut rounds of gelato and sandwich each round between two cookies carefully.
- Roll the gelato sandwich in toasted coconut. Enjoy!
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH #TALENTITREATS
Share to twitter Opens in new window Share to pinterest_share Opens in new window Share to facebook Opens in new window Share to email Opens in new window Share to tumblr Opens in new window
AddThis is disabled because of cookie consent