Author: Adrienne Blumthal
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
YIELD: 8 CONES
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: WAFFLE CONE IRON
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Assortment of Talenti Sorbettos
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together egg whites, sugar, and vanilla until frothy and combined. Add flour, oil, and cornstarch. Continue whisking until a thick batter has formed.
- Pour about 3 heaping tablespoons of batter onto the preheated iron. Close lid and cook until golden, about 2 minutes*.
- Carefully remove cooked waffle from iron. Immediately roll around the cone shaping tool. Let cone cool completely, then repeat to create additional waffle cones.
*Actual cook time and yield will vary based on waffle iron size and manufacturer.